Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Special -Avenue Q

Keeping with the theme of kind of slutty songs, here is "Special" from the adult-puppet 2003 musical Avenue Q. It's a pretty raunchy show, (think Sesame Street for grown ups) so I tend to be hesitant when posting things from it, but this one is pretty great. This is the song Lucy the Slut  performs at the Around the Clock Cafe (yes, that is her actual name). It's a very fun song to sing, and I personally crack up every single time this felt-made siren says to the guys "Yeah, they're real." So, have fun with it! And check out the soundtrack to the show, if you haven't, it's dirty, sure to offend, and hilarious!
Here are the lyrics:

I can make you feel special
When it sucks to be you.
Let me make you feel special
For an hour or two.

Your life's a routine that repeats each day.
No one cares who you are or what you say.
And sometimes you feel like you're nobody,
But you can feel like somebody with me.

Yeah, they're real.

When we're together the earth will shake
And the stars will fall into the sea.
So come on, baby, let down your guard.
When your date's in the bathroom, 
I'll slip you my card.
I can tell just by looking that you've got it hard
For me! 
For me!
For me! For me! For me! For me!
I can tell just by looking that you are especially hard
For me!

Here's the Royal Variety performance by the London Cast in 2006. It features this song and a few others: 

Oh, and if anyone would be interested in doing a group number from this show, please let me know in the comments! I have the tracks for it, I just need enough people.

No comments:

Post a Comment